WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL WEB SITE OF THE ERASMUS+ CAPACITY BUILDING IN HIGHER EDUCATION PROJECT
Sustainable University-Enterprise Cooperation for Improving Graduate Employability
Project number 618975-EPP-1-2020-1-BA-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
Western Balkan countries are on their way for integration to European Union. Besides the harmonization of law,improvement of institutional capabilities is another important agenda in this process. Considering this,establishment of EU model university-enterprise cooperation is crucial for WBC.The main objective of SUCCESSis to establish of university-enterprise cooperation by forming a partnership in the areas of education andknowledge transfer based on the market needs, as well as creating wide university-enterprise cooperationnetwork in Western Balkan countries. These goals are aimed to be achieved through a steady collaborationamong WBC universities and enterprises from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania and Montenegro, and EUuniversities from, Poland Spain, Serbia and Germany. Considering this, main activities foreseen within the projectare as follows: Exploring the partnership models in EU and WBC, university – enterprise partnership,modernization of curricula by introducing practice-oriented teaching and learning, introducing internshipprogramme in cooperation with business sector, reinforcing of existing structures and establishing start-upservices. Successful implementation of those activities will lead to the increasing graduates employability. Theresults of the project are: university – business network established at each WBC, Regional network cooperationplatform set-up and implemented, 4 common projects between partner universities and business sector createdat each WBC HEIs, new updated courses/programmes implemented at WBC universities in cooperation withbusiness sector, start-up services at WBC universities established and functional, academic staff trained in thepractice-oriented teaching, internship programmes developed and introduced at 8 WBC universities. All of theactivities and results of the project will be disseminated through the network established within the project
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
Taking in the consideration problems identified by this project and the fact that internships, common projects, and partnerships with companies and the public sector are an integrative part of a practice-oriented curriculum, the following objectives are defined:
Wider project objectives:
To modernize WBC universities through the strengthening University-Enterprise partnership in the areas of education and knowledge transfer based on the market needs with aim to improve student employability. Furthermore the project aims to enhance international cooperation and networking at the Regional/international level between universities and enterprises.
To achieve this, the following 5 specific objectives are defined:
1. to develop relationships with the professional environment and to evaluate its needs and participation in education of students with aim to increase employability in WBC.
2. To modernise 3 technical study programmes at each partner countries HEI by introducing practice-oriented teaching and modules with real- life problems from practice in the specific courses. Based on that, 4 courses within those study programmes will be updated. Modernisation of study programmes will also include introducing of entrepreneurship course at those 3 study programme.
3. To reinforce existing and to establish new Start-up services at 8 WBC HEIS.
4. To develop and implement internship programmes at the 8 WBC HEIs
5. To create wide university-enterprise network in the Region as well as to set up innovative cooperation platform for the sharing of good practice between academia and business environment.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.